Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Years Greeting, Staff Introductions

I hope you all had a restful holiday season and that you're enjoying the beginning of 2013.

As promised, I've hit the ground running as Lansing and Lansing Township's new State Representative. My office is up and running as of today, and I'm already making progress on a number of issues important to District 68. I'm looking forward to the 97th Legislature's first official day of Session next Wednesday and am energized about the first set of bills I'll be introducing in the very near future.

Now that my term has officially begun, I want to invite you to get in touch with me if I can be of any assistance to you. You can reach me at my office by calling 517.373.0826 or by e-mailing andyschor@house.mi.gov. You can also free to stop by my office between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. We're in the Anderson House Office Building (located at 124 North Capitol) in office 1087.

I'm excited to have two very talented individuals on my staff. Marilyn Plummer, Constituent Relations and Community Services Director, worked in the Michigan House of Representatives and the Michigan Senate between 1984 and 2002 with former State Representative H. Lynn Jondahl and Senator Willis Bullard, Jr. Marilyn has also served the City of Lansing through mayoral appointments with the Lansing Board of Water and Light Board, the Greater Lansing Area Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Commission, and the Elected Officers Compensation Commission. She is a graduate and student of Davenport University in the Business Administration program.

Karissa Chabot-Purchase, my Legislative Director, previously served in the same role in former State Representative Joan Bauer's office. She has four years of experience working within the Michigan House of Representatives and holds two degrees from Michigan State University: A Bachelor's degree in Political Theory and Constitutional Democracy from MSU's James Madison College and a Master's degree in Literacy and Pedagogy from the College of Arts and Letters.

Both Marilyn and Karissa are Lansing residents who are actively involved in our community. We're all eager to offer our assistance to you on any issue of concern and invite you to stay in touch with questions and to share your ideas for Lansing and Lansing Township.

I'm honored to serve as your voice in the Michigan House and hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Andy Schor
State Representative, District 68

No comments:

Post a Comment